The main responsibility of an Assistant is to set tables accordingly to brand standards, and removed spoiled dishes, glassware, and silverware. Secondary responsibilities include proper maintenance and cleaning of side stations, floors, furniture, rest rooms, and perform other duties as assigned. Based upon operations/need, the Assistant Server can also be utilized as a food runner within the operation. The main responsibilities of the food runner is to deliver food to the guest in a fast friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Knowledge of all the ingredient details of every dish on the menu.
- Delivering food to guest quickly and efficiently.
- Communicating clearly with the kitchen and front of house staff.
- Clear tables after guests leave; take tableware to dish room and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for washing.
- Between settings promptly clean table tops and chairs. Reset and arrange tabletop.
- Prepares dining room for patrons by cleaning and clothing tables; setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation and safety policies.
- Maintains menu presentation by keeping menus clean; replacing damaged or soiled pages; cleaning chalkboards; lettering specials on chalkboards.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert and monitor to spills or other special needs.
- Supports wait staff by setting-up and replenishing condiment stands, trash containers liners, and bus stations.
- Closes dining facility by cleaning chairs and tables; sweeping and/or vacuuming floors; removing trash and recyclables from the facility.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in staff training opportunities.
Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Must have excellent communication skills, especially in English.
- Must have good food knowledge
- Must be well groomed with a pleasing personality.
- Must be a team player and also a hard worker.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to deal well with guests and make them feel at home.
- Must be a smart person with a genuine attitude
- Must be always willing to learn.
- Must have awareness of modern restaurant soft wares and POS systems.
Must have the right attitude to the service industry.
- Minimum high school education required, higher degree preferable.
- Prior restaurant experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English Fluently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Polished and presentable.
- Offered Salary:
- Career Level: