Working under the Sous Chef, as one of the managers in the kitchen, the Chef de Partie job description entails both leadership responsibilities and hands-on culinary output. The Chef de Partie is a skilled and trained specialist with expert knowledge of their section within the kitchen. Therefore, the role helps to ensure the highest levels of quality culinary output by having highly trained and specialized chefs oversee specific components of each dish.
- To undertake the preparation and production of all food orders as required from the menu, ensuring the delivery of correct orders and appropriate presentation and quality for each service.
- To ensure appropriate and sufficient preparation of food for the delivery of each day’s service.
- To ensure the kitchen is open and closed at all times appropriate to the needs of the organization and in agreement with the Sous Chef.
- To be responsible for the presentation, cleanliness, and hygiene of the Kitchen and your own person at all times, ensuring hygiene procedures are followed and undertaking cleaning duties in line with the cleaning rota, and as directed by the Sous Chef.
- To ensure food safety and hygiene at all times, following correct procedures for the cleansing and preparation of all raw food, dating and rotating all products correctly, and checking quality and freshness of food prior to use.
- To ensure all storage areas, utensils and equipment are clean, tidy, and organized at all times.
- To implement adequate systems of stock and waste control as directed by the Sous Chef.
- To be flexible and approachable in all working conditions to ensure a smooth operation between departments and meeting the needs of the operation.
- To monitor and record any wastage or breakages in line with company procedures.
- To develop positive working relationships within all the teams of the operation.
- To attend and contribute to training or meetings as required.
- To carry out any further duties as reasonably requested by the Sous Chef and/or senior management.
- Actively share ideas, opinions, and suggestions in daily shift briefings.
- To ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards and expectations.
- To have full knowledge of all menu items, daily specials and promotions.
- To follow kitchen policies, procedures, and service standards.
To follow all safety and sanitization polices when handing food and beverage.
- Teamwork and leadership.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making.
- Strong communications skills.
- Patience, positive attitude and foresight
- Solid kitchen operations understanding
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Sound decision making skills.
Strong Leadership and people management skills.
- Diploma/certification in a culinary discipline required;
- Minimum of two (3) years relevant experience.
- Have basic computer knowledge (i.e. excel, windows, internet explorer, restaurant systems such as Micros).
- Read, write, and speak English fluently.
Polished and presentable
- Offered Salary:
- Career Level: