Consultant Obstetrician & Gynecologist is fully responsible to provide high standard of clinical practice and expertise in the assessment, investigation, diagnosis and treatment of patients in obstetrics & gynecology. He should be involved in continuous quality improvement activities of the department and hospital to achieve the goals
– Will be responsible for managing the assigned clinics as per the approved rota by the Medical Director.
– Will be responsible for initial assessment, requesting investigation, analyzing the rest results, diagnosis, treatment, and re-assessment on follow- up.
– Will admit the patients under his/ her care whenever indicated within the limits of the approved and assigned privileges.
– Will prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialised medical care to treat or prevent illness or disease.
– Will explain procedures and discuss diagnostic results or prescribed treatments with the patients and his/ her attendants.
– Will be responsible for monitoring the patients’ condition and progress and re-evaluate/ re-assessment and treat the patient accordingly.
– Will refer patient to other specialists when necessary, also consult with, or provide consulting services to, other physicians whenever requested.
– He/ She must take daily rounds for his/ her In-Patients and referred patients
– He/ She must write the patients complete medical record on time and also update the progress notes on same time.
– He/ She should authenticate and sign the medical record/ progress notes with date, time and employee ID number, stamp every time. He/ She must also review and countersign all junior medical staff notes related to his/ her patients.
– He/ She will perform diagnostic or therapeutic procedures for which he/ she is specifically privileged according to his/ her qualification, licenses, training &. experience.
– Will be responsible for approving the Discharge Summary, follow-up, Medical Report of his/ her patients.
– Will ensure the implementation of all the approved policies and procedures, rules, regulations, protocols and guidelines, clinical pathways that guide and support the provision of clinical services.
– Will direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff in patient care.
– Will contribute to the development of policies and procedures as part of the continuous quality improvement of his/ her department.
– Will serve on Departmental / Hospital Committees as requested
– Will be On-Call as per hospital policy, as needed and will assume the duties of Coordinator of Department.
– Will be responsible to attend the Code Blue (if applicable) and should be involved in all other emergency codes of the hospital.
– Will ensure that reports and information as required by the Coordinator
- Offered Salary:
- Career Level: