-Managing design process from conception through to final styling.
– Conducting market research to identify new trends, fabrics and techniques, and seeking design inspiration.
– Collaborating with team members to select seasonal themes, make edits to line, and create new concepts.
– Ensuring product is in agreement with business strategy.
– Selecting fabrics and trims.
– Creating production sketches for development packages.
– Collaborating with technical designer to ensure development packages are accurate.
– Reviewing product for style and fit during presentation.
– Presenting story, mood, color boards, and samples to buyers.
Fashion Designer Requirements:
– Bachelors degree in design or fine arts, or college degree in fashion design or related field.
– Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator.
– Availability to travel for research and product development.
– Ability to do sketches by hand.
– Excellent design and conceptual skills.
– Excellent sense of style and color.
– Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Offered Salary:
- Career Level: