•Plan, supervise and control various operations, working closely and supporting the food and beverage manager.
• Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, acknowledge all guests and resolve complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Constant effective communication with managers and supervisors regarding any guest or staff issues.
• Encourage and motivate staff with a positive attitude.
• Operate POS (point of sale) and maintain security of system.
• Follow the correct cash up and management of bills and house accounts, incl cash and credit card transactions.
• Prepare reports for food and beverage manager.
• Manage waiters, barman and runners by ensuring the smooth running of the floor and that duties are carried out in a professional and timeous manner.
• Maintain excellent product knowledge.
• Prepare weekly staff rosters if need be.
• Conduct service briefings.
• Ensure all front of house staff adhere to the ‘company code of conduct’ and ‘standard operating procedures’
• Monitor staff closely to identify any transgressions throughout service so that these can be addressed immediately.
• Monitor staff service levels to establish any areas that require attention or further training and provide training where required.
• Ensure the correct set up for functions and bookings for the day.
• Ongoing menu and beverage training as well as developing regular tests.
• Assist the food and beverage manager with HR related matters.
• Monitor staff breaks and general time keeping.
• Monitor and authorize staff clock in and clock out procedures.
• Ensure discipline is fair and correct steps are taken.
- Offered Salary:
- Career Level: