- Consulting with patients to understand their health concerns.
- Consulting with a patient’s primary doctor.
- Analyzing patient historical data.
- Performing specialized tests to diagnose patients.
- Determining proper courses of treatment.
- Performing endoscopic procedures to inspect internal organs.
- Performing X-Ray, MRI and ultrasound scanning.
- Performing surgery in the digestive tract.
- Consulting with other specialists, such as oncologists, in the case of cancer.
- Medical degree.
- Completion of a three-year internal residency.
- Completion of a three-year Gastroenterology fellowship.
- Attainment of certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- Proficiency in performing endoscopic and colonoscopy procedures.
- Proficiency with X-Rays, MRIs and ultrasound scanning.
- Offered Salary:
- Career Level: