To provide healthcare services within a Hospital setting.
The Gastroenterologist will manage a caseload and deal with a wide range of health needs in an Hospital setting, ensuring the highest standards of care for all patients.
- Diagnose and treat patients according to established standards of best practice in Gastroenterology
- Regularly review results of all investigations and modify treatment as required.
- Comply with all established Hospital practices regarding consultations, patient care, discharge protocols, outpatient and follow up practices.
- Perform necessary procedures and obtain approval from the insurance company prior to performing the procedures.
- Accurately document all relevant patient information in a clear and timely fashion in accordance with the health record keeping policy.
- Communicate medical information to patients and the patients’ families.
- Liaise with other medical specialities and support services for additional input as required.
- Accept appropriate referrals from other speciality Medical Centres, walk-in patients and patients referred from other hospitals.
- Maintain a good working relationship with members of staff and promote collaboration and a team-based approach to patient care.
- Implement, support and follow all Hospital initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Attend all Medical meetings.
- Assist the Medical director with recruitment of new staff when required.
- Assume other administrative or hospital duties as requested by the Medical director.
- Be willing to deputise/delegate appropriately when appropriate.
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources.
- Commit to continual personal development (CPD) and audit to ensure evidence-based best practice.
- Contribute to evaluation/audit and hospital standard setting within the organisation.
- Maintain own CPD through attendance at any courses and/or study days necessary to ensure that professional development requirements are met.
- Offered Salary:
- Career Level: