The GM is responsible for the management, supervision, and professional development of all building personnel. The General Manager will manage properties, through his operation team and accounting team, as directed by the property owners and in accordance with the standards and procedures of Company. The General Manager (GM) functions as the professional-in-charge of the specific asset(s) under management. As the lead professional, the GM is responsible for all aspects of client and tenant satisfaction.
- Develops, gains consensus for, and implements the Management Plan for assigned assets.
- Notifies tenants and owners of special projects, emergencies or other request.
- Employs or contracts for onsite management and engineering personnel, as delineated within the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement.
- Competitively bids and prepares all service contracts to assure high quality and cost-effective services.
- Routinely inspects properties and equipment to determine extent of service and equipment required.
- Recommends, justifies, develops and coordinates projects that enhance the value of the property.
- Assigns employees or vendors to duties such as maintenance, repair, or renovation and obtains bids for additional work from outside contractors pursuant to client and Company guidelines.
- Identify and initiate process improvements for all current property systems.
- Oversees completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual owner’s reports.
- Prepares the final budget documentation (i.e., explanatory notes.) Plans and administers budget for the office building(s).
- Works with Accounting team to manage the accounting process and directs on-site bookkeeping functions and collection process.
- Prepares and/or reviews adjustments to tenant billing process.
- Reviews and approves all accounts payable, ensuring accurate general ledge coding and property allocations.
- Prepares and/or reviews financial statements and reports on status of office buildings such as occupancy rates and dates of expiration of leases.
- Prepares and/or reviews financial reports for client on monthly, quarterly and annual basis complying with requirements in management services agreement.
- Arranges for alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of properties as specified in the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement of properties.
- Maintains role as a secondary contact for owners relative to service requests.
- Proactively meets with owners representatives on scheduled basis.
- Develop and implement an owners retention program.
- Cross-sells all Company services.
- Establishes written goals and objectives for employees directly reporting to the role of general manager. Conducts periodic formal and informal performance evaluations.
- Develops training program and career path for property employees.
- Assures succession planning.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree required or Masters degree in Business Management, Engineering or Finance.
- Minimum of seven (10) years of commercial real estate or property management experience
- Must have at least three (3) to four (4) year experience at managing people;
Experience in budget preparation/financial reporting, familiarity with building systems, documentation and administration.
|· Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities|
· Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives
· Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections
· Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff
· Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices
· Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Offered Salary:
- Career Level: