In the restaurant industry one of the first and last people that guests interact with is the receptionist/host/hostess. As the saying, “The first impression is the last impression”, tells us it is imperative that the hostess needs to be presentable, polished and professional in all their actions, and the way they carry themselves, from the start to the end of their shift. The hostess is the personal representation of our brand and the overall service quality of our restaurant. The hostess welcomes the guests, organizes the seating arrangements, handles reservations, organizes pick-up/take-out orders, deals with guest complaints, and ensures guests are comfortable all the way through to the farewell stage.
- Maintain guest relations.
- Maintain guest history and database.
- Develop strong contacts for the restaurant and maintain Public relations.
- Monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables, manages seating.
- Estimating wait times for guests/ scrutinize the guest waiting list.
- Responsible for answering the telephone and booking reservations.
- Analyze customer problems and find solutions.
- Assist the restaurant manager in the proper organization and running of the restaurant.
- Co-ordinate between kitchen, front of the house and the guests to ensure smooth operations.
- Take up responsibilities of operations and handle shifts.
- Assist and guide waiters during busy hours.
- Allocate staff and make duty rosters.
- Do any other related tasks at the instruction of the Restaurant Manager.
- Maintain a clean and orderly reception area and manages stationary and menus.
- Other opening, hand over, ongoing and closing duties.
Participate in all pre-shift and all other operational meetings.
- Ability to take and follow instructions both written and verbal.
- Basic assessment and math skills.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum high school education required, higher degree preferable.
- Prior restaurant experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Read, write, and speak English fluently. A secondary language would be an advantage.
- Strong computer knowledge, well versed in windows, internet explorer and word.
- Knowledge of restaurant reservation systems and MICROS would be an advantage.
Polished and presentable.
Salary :1300$ + accomodation
- Offered Salary:
- Career Level: