The Head Chef’s job description entails both leadership responsibilities and hands-on culinary output. Head Chef is primarily responsible for supporting creating of innovative cuisine and providing a satisfying culinary experience for guests. Head Chefs take responsibility for every dish that leaves their kitchen.
- To undertake the preparation and production of all food orders as required from the menu, ensuring the delivery of correct orders and appropriate presentation and quality for each
- To be responsible for the presentation, cleanliness, and hygiene of the kitchen and your own person at all times, ensuring hygiene procedures are followed and undertaking cleaning duties in line with the cleaning Rota, and as directed by the Executive Chef.
- To ensure food safety and hygiene at all times, following correct procedures for the cleansing and preparation of all raw food, dating and rotating all products correctly, and checking quality and freshness of food prior to
- To ensure all storage areas, utensils and equipment are clean, tidy, and organized at all times.
- To implement adequate systems of stock and waste control as directed by the Executive chef
- To be flexible and approachable in all working conditions to ensure a smooth operation between departments and meeting the needs of the operation.
- To monitor, record and report any wastage
- To develop positive working relationships within all the teams of the
- To attend and contribute to training or meetings as required.
- To carry out any further duties as reasonably requested by the senior management of the restaurant and company
- Actively share ideas, opinions, and suggestions in daily shift briefings.
- To ensure all kitchen members are aware of standards and expectations.
- To have full knowledge of all menu items, daily specials, and promotions.
- To follow kitchen policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Minimum ten years.
- To have started his/her career with a reputed inter-national hotel chain or restaurant chain as a kitchen executive trainee. (After becoming a chef de partie, to have grown over the years as a Chef)
- It is necessary that he/she have had experience in setting up and opening up new restaurants. It is also preferred that the candidate has moved onto a restaurant chain company
- Be responsible for efficient daily functioning of the department.
- Assisting in kitchen management and reporting.
- Staffing and training for all kitchen operations.
- Streamlining and systemizing operations within existing as well as new ventures.
- Formulating new ideas and evaluating opportunities.
- Develop, maintain and effect necessary systems, manuals, formats, procedures, spread sheets etc; in all aspects of kitchen operations.
- Bachelor of Professional Studies degree in Culinary Arts Management, Baking and Pastry Arts Management and Culinary Science.
- Deployment Ticket
- Ticket entitlement every Year
- Residence formalities will be covered by the company – To All
- All candidates are eligible for 50% discount on all our outlets after successfully completing probationary period
- Bonus is discretional and based on company and individual performance.
- Company transportation provided
- Accommodation: Shared housing provided within company accommodation.
- Insurance provided – Medical: General cover
- Other Information:
- Probation Period:
- 100 Working Days
- Annual Leave: 30 Days per year.
- Notice Period: Three months.
- Offered Salary:
- Career Level: