- PROJECT MANAGEMENT & PROCESS INTEGRATION
- Directing the delivery of multiple projects in conjunction with the Owners and Design Director to ensure a seamless workflow from concept to close-out.
- Managing the schedule, cost and delivery of multiple projects with the goal of achieving the targeted organizational benefits.
- Involvement in Project Delivery in all phases aligning and reinforcing project management best practices.
- Proactively identifies and manages project-related risk and undertakes remedial action when required.
- Ensures the delivery process maximizes the benefits of existing and upcoming technology, tools, and techniques to ensure a high level of efficiency in delivery.
- Directs overall project workload including: Project Assignment, Workload adjustment and ensuring of on-time delivery.
- Drives continuous improvement of processes, skills, templates and service delivery.
- Fosters a culture of technical excellence-in-delivery, that mutually reinforces the studio’s design culture.
- Monitors and enables Risk Management, Contract Documentation, Tendering & Evaluation
- Manages the procurement of Sub-consultants through the project lifecycle
- Monitors the contracts administration tasks related to on-going projects
- Oversees the tender management phase of projects through to the award of contract
- Risk Management – participate in compilation of risk register and risk management plan for your project. Ensure that the risk register is reviewed regularly at team meetings and updated. Assist the associate / other seniors in updating and mitigating risks throughout the life of the project
- Is well aware of the Organizational Process Assets (company standards and procedures) and takes measure to revise or update them when required with the consent of COO
- Manage the commercial aspects of projects. Fully conversant with the contract terms and conditions, scope and deliverables.
- Assigns and delivers within project deadlines and provides guidance.
- Establishes and manages the annual team budget.
- Ensures accurate project budgets are established and delivered.
- Seeks ways to improve project estimates to lower and improve competitive project bids.
- Maintain close commercial control of the project and notify and update finance of when invoices can be raised.
- Ensure that contract with client is signed in an efficient and thorough manner. Help ensure that all sub-consultant contract documents are complete and signed.
- STAKEHOLDERS AND BD
- Utilizes stakeholder mapping techniques to create a stakeholder engagement plan for each project at the initial phase
- Monitors project communications with key stakeholders
- Working with, directing, and building effective relationships with clients, contractors, consultants, and sub-trades.
- Manages client expectations and demands, engages with client to articulate project development.
- Works directly with clients to resolve business issues and drive customer experience.
- Listens for and passes on client feedback to the team and senior management. Follows up the team to ensure client feedback is taken into consideration in the design.
- Works closely with the Business Development team to provide input for technical and commercial proposals.
- Respects client confidentiality and obtains management approval before sharing images and work they are working on.
- Leads other staff members to follow X-Architect design and brand guidelines
- PEOPLE AND CULTURE
- Talent Development
- Proactively demonstrate knowledge and skills acquired in the workplace.
- Organizes internal training sessions for others to share knowledge, help develop skill levels and enhance understanding of project management and construction.
- Builds and maintains an effective PM team through training, coaching and mentoring processes.
- Creates a “best place to work” culture for all employees and helps foster an empathetic, “can do” attitude towards customers and projects.
- Actively seeks professional development including leadership training internally and externally.
- Open to the contribution of others, encourages team members to speak up and contribute.
- Interview personnel as requested and provides timely feedback on candidate suitability.
- Leadership & Teamwork
- Be an effective and efficient team leader, someone that the team can trust.
- Possess a flexible working attitude (co-operative and agile) and work well within the team environment.
- Accepts personal responsibility for maintaining X-Architects studio culture and guides others. Escalates issues as required.
- Problem solving approach to team issues.
- Transparent and effective communication with project team, seniors and support staff.
- Professional, timely and positive communication with external parties including sub-consultants and client via various mediums.
- Participates in team activities and staff events and motivates their team to join in
- Champions the importance of the studio setting and guides their team to minimize their environmental impact while working by considering before printing, keeps office temperature maintained at the recommended degree, lights and electronic equipment turned off when not in use
- Updates HR with documents as requested and in a timely manner. Takes responsibility for the validity of own documents including visa. Ensures all resource arrangements are informed and agreed with HR before proceeding. Has an awareness of UAE work regulations.
- Interested in own and team health and well-being, contributes to office initiatives. Is aware of correct posture, managing eyes with computers/devices and stress management techniques and leads by example.
- Respects office and team timing, and guides their team to do the same
Education and Training
- Degree educated – Bachelor’s degree in Architecture – Masters desirable.
- Certified in PMP or PRINCE2
- Certification in PgMP or MSP preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid software skills – MS Project required; Prima Vera will be additionally beneficial;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Member of UAE Society Engineers & AIA (preferred) and PMI (highly regarded). Registration with home country professional body highly regarded.
- Previous experience in an office environment managing multiple projects.
- Has deep technical knowledge and expertise in all phases of delivery.
- Technical expertise in the Construction Administration.
- Commercial management experience.
- Proven experience managing stakeholders including client relations.
- Proven experience in project / stage reporting.
- Project stages – experience in delivering projects independently.
- Industry Experience – in innovative practices locally or internationally or reputable local practices.
- Years worked following graduation – minimum 10 years.
- An enthusiasm for design and the built environment, innovative concepts and sustainability.
- An ambitious personality, capable of achieving.
- Agility – flexible, addresses obstacles and is pro-active in finding rapid solutions.
- Able to lead teams.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Management and Communication Style
- Able to manage up as well as manage the team
- Effectively delegates tasks, responsibility and authority, and helps others to solve problems themselves
- Leads by example
- Integrity – creates trust though honest and consistent behavior, keeps commitments
- Respectful of gender and cultural differences
- Encourages open and straightforward communication
- Open to other points of view
- Plans and conducts effective meetings
- Hands-on and proactive
- Clear communicator
- Can handle complexity
- Has good temperament and analytical mindset
- Occasional travel may be required
- Offered Salary:
- Career Level:
Certificate “CMA, CFA, CPA, PMP..”