- Collaborate with assistants to take care of dental problems
- Perform examinations to assess patient needs
- Design and create teeth molds
- Fit patients for dentures, braces, and other orthodontic appliances
- Assess the severity of conditions such as underbites, overbites, spacing, crowding and others
- Tightening braces on a regular basis, or as needed
- Educate patients about improving and maintaining orthodontic care, and promoting routine dental health care
- Administer medication to address patient discomfort during procedures
- Foster an environment where patients are comfortable and understand their health is our top priority
Job requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or a related field.
- Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree or a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree.
- Further studies in orthodontics, accredited by the American Dental Association (ADA).
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO).
- In-depth knowledge of various molds and orthodontic appliances.
- Experience using hand tools (periodontal scalers, band pluggers, cutters, pliers) and diagnostic tools (digital X-rays, 3D images).
- Offered Salary:
- Career Level: