We are looking for an experienced Python engineer with a proven track record in software development. For this position, we will consider candidates with at least 3 years of commercial experience.
- Advanced Python programming skills,
- Experience with core Python (Iterators, generators, exception handling, file handling concepts, data types and variables, OOPs Concepts, data structures, decorators, metaprogramming, magic methods),
- Familiarity with good programming practices: unit testing, technical documentation, code encapsulation, logging.
- Experience with git VCS and git flow standard,
- Good cross-technical teams communication skills to ensure the right solution is being developed,
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues, willingness to constantly learn cutting edge technologies and master new engineering skills,
- Prior experience with collaborative coding/development and agile methodologies (scrum).
- Familiarity with SQL, relational and non-relational databases,
- Experience with backend integration via APIs (REST, JSON over HTTP, etc.),
- Experience with front-end testing solutions,
- Experience with data wrangling, pre-processing, visualization and handling of large datasets,
- Practical knowledge of data visualization techniques,
- Experience with web applications development to create usable and responsive frontend solution,
- Preferred: Experience in Django and/or Pyramid frameworks.
Nice to have skills
- Good understanding of biological concepts and biostatistical approaches commonly used in molecular biology and interest to learn more,
- PhD in Bioinformatics/Biological Sciences or equivalent scientific experience,
- Practical experience with Machine Learning algorithms and data mining techniques,
- has a very good command of written and spoken English (B2+) (Polish is not required),
- can quickly find solutions to issues and is eager to understand the business side of the project and is able to find the best balance between the clients’ requirements and the technical aspects of a project,
- has proactivity, problem solving and communication skills,
- has experience in working in international, distributed large teams.
- Offered Salary:
- Career Level: