- DESIGN & SITE MANAGEMENT – CONSTRUCTION STAGE
- Follows X-Architects design philosophy
- Support and report to the Construction Supervision Director on the monitoring of the site activities, progress of works, coordination, necessary resources and resolution of the site issues.
- Undertake overview supervision duties on site activities from X Architect HQ in Dubai, or by attending to the site, as required, to ensure adopting the design concept, look and feel, materiality, function, and coordination with the other specialists.
- Coordinate with the museum consultant, hired by the client and of the work time to ensure achieving the targeted design aspects and concepts, client’s requirements, architectural look and feel, and the project’s function.
- Ensure that general compliance of the works with shop drawings, specification and contract requirements and when necessary address deficiencies associated with the same. Coordinate all aspects of submittals, review and approvals against contract requirements and when applicable report and advise on deviations.
- Manage and monitor the relevant project information and documents related to progress, issues, Non-conformities, correctives actions, reports, plans and logs from the supervision team and contractors and provide approval towards the same.
- Clear graphic and verbal communication with the client. Produces a high standard of design stage reporting as required and on time.
- Attends progress meetings with the Consulting Engineer/Supervision Team, the Client, PMC (when applicable), stakeholders, contractors and helps resolve outstanding issues related to site.
- Attends progress meetings arranged by the Consulting Engineer/Supervision Team, the Client/PMC to discuss procedures, progress, schedules and problems, which may require a decision or an action from the Client and/or stakeholders and coordinates for the resolution of the issues.
- TECHNICAL AND QA/QC
- Performs QA/QC checks of project/package before presenting for review/releasing and ensure that the plans are in line with the Client/PMC expectations, including relevant stakeholders. Further, ensure that quality plans are adhering to the requirements outlined in the contracts, specifications and quality standards.
- Review and comments on the content, standards, documents, specifications and other project documents related to his trade/discipline and report any flaws, ambiguities, mistakes or any missing details in drawing or documents.
- Controls the quality of the output
- Strong understanding of building construction, codes and regulations, and obligations of architect of record. Takes responsibility for this area in their project.
- Coordinates on time reviews and comments on the materials and samples (when required).
- Uses the company file naming and information filing standards and follow quality standards in overall work. Reviews and challenges information received from sub-consultants and third parties to ensure quality compliance. Maintains an updated and accurate project plan.
- PEOPLE AND CULTURE
- Talent Development
- Proactively demonstrate knowledge and skills acquired in the workplace
- Actively seeks professional development including leadership training internally and externally
- Organizes internal training sessions for others to share knowledge, helps develop skill levels and enhance understanding of construction
- Open to the contribution of others, encourages team members to speak up and contribute
- Completes the required actions / documents prior to reviews in a timely manner, attends and conducts performance reviews for team members along with management as requested
- Leadership & Teamwork
- Be an effective and efficient team leader, someone that the team can trust
- Possess a flexible working attitude (co-operative and agile) and work well within the team environment
- Accepts personal responsibility for maintaining X-Architects studio culture and guides others. Escalates issues as required.
- Problem solving approach to team issues.
- Transparent and effective communication with project team, seniors and support staff.
- Professional, timely and positive communication with external parties including sub-consultants and client via various mediums.
- Participates in team activities and staff events and motivates their team to join in
- Champions the importance of the studio setting and guides their team to minimize their environmental impact while working by considering before printing, keeps office temperature maintained at the recommended degree, lights and electronic equipment turned off when not in use
- Updates HR with documents as requested and in a timely manner. Takes responsibility for the validity of own documents including visa. Ensures all resource arrangements are informed and agreed with HR before proceeding. Has an awareness of UAE work regulations.
- Interested in own and team health and well-being, contributes to office initiatives. Is aware of correct posture, managing eyes with computers/devices and stress management techniques and leads by example.
- Respects office and team timing
- STAKEHOLDERS AND BD
- Contributes to X-Architects posts to be put on social media and encourages others in the practice to do so. Reads updates and share publicly available posts and events
- Regularly engages with and works to build strong relationships with clients, whilst managing client expectations and demands and articulating project design.
- Listens for, and passes on client feedback to the team and senior management. Follows up the team to ensure client feedback is taken into consideration in the design.
- Effective client and sub-consultant relations and relationship building
- Leads other staff members to follow X-Architect design and brand guidelines
- Respects client confidentiality and obtains management approval before sharing images and work they are working on
- Fills in and submits timesheets in a timely manner, and observes attendance procedures, approves team attendance as required.
- Manage the commercial aspects of projects. Fully conversant with the contract terms and conditions, scope and deliverables.
- Maintain close commercial control of the project and notify and update finance of when invoices can be raised
- Be aware that contract with client is signed before work commences. Help ensure that all sub-consultant contract documents are complete and signed.
- Risk Management – compile and take responsibility for the management of risk for projects, ensure that all major risks are identified, a management plan is in place and the directors are notified.
- Ensure a project risk register is compiled, relevant and maintained.
- Be aware of client and sub-consultant invoices and when payments are made and received.
Education and Training
- Degree educated – bachelor’s degree in architecture – Masters optional.
- Excellent design skills
- Excellent software skills – 3D design, Sketchup, InDesign, Vray, AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office highly regarded
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Member of UAE Society Engineers. Registration with home country professional body highly regarded.
- Project Management training desirable
- Previous experience in an office and site environment working as part of a team / leading a small team required
- Project stages – experience in design and/or delivery of packages of small projects independently
- Industry Experience – in innovative practices locally or internationally or reputable local practices highly regarded
- Understanding of codes and standards and their application highly regarded
- Experience in stakeholder management – sub-consultants (required), client (desirable)
- Years worked following graduation – minimum of 10 years
- An enthusiasm for the built environment, innovative concepts and sustainability
- An ambitious personality, capable of achieving
- Agility – flexible, addresses obstacles and is pro-active in finding rapid solutions
- Able to lead teams
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Management and Communication Style
- Achieves exceptional results without diminishing relationships
- Promotes working together as a team
- Effectively delegates tasks and responsibility, helps others to solve problems themselves
- Recognises the efforts of others
- Encourages open and straightforward communication
- Has empathy
- Open to other points of view, and encourages others to put forward ideas and solutions
- Explains the reasons for their decisions
- Able to train the team in areas of own knowledge/skill
- Plans and conducts effective meetings
- Hands-on and proactive
- Clear communicator
- Office and site-based
- Occasional travel may be required
- Offered Salary:
- Career Level: